BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A very busy week full of great memories

Stef, my best friend of 12 years came to visit us. She was able to come up by herself without any kids so we thought what better time then to do a girls night out in San Fransico. After I picked her up from the airport we went to our hotel by Pier 39, otherwise known as Fisherman's Warf and starting having fun. We spent the entire day sightseeing and shopping and then at night Stef treated me to a very nice dinner at a little Italian resturant in Little Italy and then we checked out a couple bars. It was such a great trip...we always have the best time together whether it is sitting in bed talking or out on the town.

(Stef in the front of our house)(this is us trying to take a pic with the camera's timer)Well Stef was visiting we celebrated Emma and Kaitlyns b-day (they share a birth date).
We just had a small get together with the family. We cooked the usual, hamburgs and hotdogs and had some yummy icecream cake for dessert.
And the most exciting event this week was that our baby girl started kindergarten. I don't understand how she is already five, seriously where does time go? I was pretty emotional on the walk to school but Emma was very excited. She started school the day she turned five so we got to bring cupcakes for the whole class. I was thinking that may score her some brownie points with the other kids :)



The birthday girl

Saying goodbye to Mrs. Kirk. Emma had a great first and second day but by the third day she didn't want to go anymore. It was heart wrenching to leave her at school crying. When I asked her that night why she didn't like school she said "it was to much work." Oh boy, we may be in for a long 18 years. She has been doing great this week...we shall see.

6 comments:

The Gibson's said...

I am going to be a wreck when Teagan starts. I subbed a few weeks ago and some of the kindergarteners could not even open the door to use the bathroom. I said that's it I am homeschooling. Not really but ahhhhh I don't want to let go of my little boy. This year I know is going to fly by and then he will start school.

Scott Slusher said...

It is hard to believe that Emma has started school. Shawn and I had this same conversation a few months ago about Lynnae.

I remember the day Emma was born and as I think back, it does go by so fast. It seems like Flagstaff was soo long ago. And Alex, High School is now way back when...

Sorry we missed you, but until next time...Love Scodaddy T Tocs:)

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your girlfriend. It is so nice you were able to have a girls weekend. That is something everyone mom should get to do occasionally to refresh your soul!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you & Stef were able to have some girly time together- San Fran sounded like a lot of fun. I want to go there for a mini vacation!

I'm sure Emma will learn to love school. Just knowing how she is with other kids, I'm sure she'll make friends soon, and then won't want to come home!! The pic of Melissa & Emma is super cute.

Lucas and Stef Duncan said...

ahhh, this trip is so special to me... everything from San Fran, the drive home, wine tasting, buying my first coach bag with ya, hanging out with the fam, Emma's birthday and going to her school...I just loved every minute of it, and I can't tell you enough how much you mean to me and I miss you more than you know. xoxox and happy 30th birthday tomorrow!!!

Margie Martinez said...

My Uncle Alex sent me your blog and it is so nice to see family I don't even know living a happy life. Beautiful pictures, beautiful kids! I too live in California, Margie (Martinez)Bullock