BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cooling off at the river


This Friday my mom and I took the kids to the river to cool off. It is such an awesome sight. To get to the river you take a short walk through the biggest redwood tree's you can imagine. The water was just perfect. In some of the pictures you can see how smoky it still is from the fires. We had a couple clear days and just recently the smoke has returned.
Anyways we had a great time and hopefully we be going back alot this summer.

I just have to say how incredibly amazed I am by my brother Brandon. As most of you know he had to have his foot amputated recently because of a birth defect. Well let me tell you it doesn't stop him from doing anything...as you can tell by the pictures. He climbed the rocks and jumped off just as well as the other boys. I am so proud of him, he is a true inspiration.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason and Sylvia said...

Looks like you all had sooooo much fun! I wish we lived close to water. The lake you go to looks so beautiful! Our dream is to live in the mountains and you actually do! Everything around you is so nice and goregous. Jason and I can't wait to visit. Hopefully soon!!! :)

Lucas and Stef Duncan said...

Ahh, what a fun day at the lake! I can't belive Brandon! What a cool kid he is...I can't wait to see everybody!! Love ya!

lighthousewilly said...

Whoa, where is that river at? It looks really awesome and clean and fun and warm (I'm jealous). I like the soft river rocks like that also. Here in Texas (San Antonio) we have muddy rivers with slick muddy shore banks which are not too much fun unless your tubing down them. Looks like a day of fun though!

Angie said...

Looks like an awesome place to have nearby and how cool to walk through the huge redwoods.

Congrats on your new addition to the fam. She is adorable and I love the name!

The Gibson's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.